Saturday, December 27, 2008

Delmonique Potatoes~

OK..Delmonico potatoes..:)

Pre-Baked~


I found them here...Scroll down the posts when you get there:)

Cindy M



Delmonico Potatoes

2 pounds red or Yukon gold potatoes (about 4 or 5 large), don't peel
4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups half & half (or heavy cream)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup coarse bread crumbs


Cube potatoes into 1-inch chunks and boil in salted water till tender. Drain, then toss in a large bowl with cheeses, garlic, salt & pepper, half & half, and paprika. Stir well, then place in a casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.


Cindy shared them at Gardenbuddies ..they are originally Marilyn's at Gardenweb..I think.. and we were having marinated pork loin on the BBQ and grilled zucchini and I thought..nice change.. it is!
I halved the recipe of course and used 2% milk instead of half and half..I know not as good ..but it works for us.
I also cooked my potatoes in chicken stock(bouillon) I always do.

Enjoy..lots of variations could be made..fresh herbs etc..

15 comments:

  1. they look darling, but i prefer the name change, and why not, you use 2%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my computer must have burped, I know I commented but when I finished and clicked, I was missing :) Maybe Kathleen's glitches are contagious?

    I love the name change, and you've definitely made them your own! They look fantastic! I love those little pots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute name change for the potatoes. They sound delicious.

    I love the little Staubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, me too... love the little Staub pots! And your name for them, M... I got a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new hat and header. What a lovely, thoughtful gift from your daughter.

    Love the potatoes too.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Monique!!! Was just visiting Tastespotting and clicked on your pic. Didn't know it was you. Made me smile. Cute presentation! Miss y'all at GB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delmonique ;) Very cute, M! They do look wonderful and your whole menu sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look awesome!!! I have to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy Thanks so much for the recipe:)
    I found it at GBs of course!

    Thanks everyone..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolute perfection Monique. I would love that recipe, I'm sure.

    Your presentation just puts it all right over the top. Adorable! xo~m.

    ReplyDelete
  11. But Monique, I like Delmonique better.

    At any rate, the tiny overfilled Staub is cause for celebration. Not to mention, any recipe with heavy cream and Parmesan included gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monique, I love your name for these potatoes :) I have made them myself and they are delish

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so good and I really like Delmonique better too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look so good. I especially love the little containers!

    ReplyDelete

  15. xender download
    xender apps
    xender web
    Not to mention, any recipe with heavy cream and Parmesan included gets my vote
    xender software

    ReplyDelete