Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nemo~/nique.

Last night we had a fabulous meal at my daughter's home.
They are both great little cooks/chefs.
She made a wonderful shrimp/salsa w/ crackers..
Frédérick made amazing HD's..(I am saving the recipe for a Darling Baker's bake-off)
and a recipe from Ricardo' new cookbook that is out of this world.Pork...with a beet ,maple syrup reduction,sauce..

Caroline made one of the best sugar pies we have eaten in yrs..:) And all the wee boys were adorably delicious too:)

F's HDs made me crave seafood..etc.. He also lent me 2 cookbooks..One inspired me for a little side..
The fabulous J-F Plante..



Escargots..au BLEU~

Something Jacques was craving..and I had already planned Coquilles St-Jacques for tonight.


They just scream France to me..







Jacques loved both..particularly the escargots..



They are basically ..butter, evoo, garlic, spring green onions.. wine, blue cheese,parsley and cream.
Delicious!

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a perfect evening! Gorgeous photos.Nice that you can just walk down the street too in the winter and not go far.
    We hd five boys here sleeping over for E's 12th birthdy party! They made sushi, can you believe it? E loves mking it nd eating it. Then video games all night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still so hard for me to believe you have a 12 year old:)!
    Happy Birthday to E!

    Yes I can believe they made Sushi..After all he is already a journalist too:)NOthing is unattainable to him.One day I hope to try his Sushi:)

    Thanks for dropping by..:) You're so sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  3. M, wow, it all looks fabulous! You know I never make things like that (G would never eat it), but I would love them... Can I come live with you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are wonderful! M would love both...you know me...:(
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monique, what a lovely sounding dinner that your DD and SIL prepared. ... a wonderful dinner with wonderful company.

    On mon Dieu! Your escargot and coquilles St. Jacques are beautiful. .... Gorgeousl pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i see london i see france! i told you the rest in an email~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jain, don't be silly. I don't think Monique would loll around the kitchen in her underpants. Besides, they couldn't possibly be as pretty as the Coquilles St. Jacques. But then again...

    Incidentally, I don't think I've ever tried that. The Coquilles, I mean. They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete